Monday, June 21, 2010

Hair Update!! First Year of freedom!





A little over a year ago, I decided to stop relaxing my hair and embraced the natural lifestyle! It has been a crazy journey, full of experiments! In my first year which is also my transiting time, I have really embraced the idea of trial and error. I dont always know what works for my hair, but every day we learn something new about each other.

I have kept my brand of products consistent, Olive Oil really conditions my hair and its organic base helps it grow healthy and strong. I took a break from weaving to enjoy the new found growth and the afro! It is so exciting looking at the progress! I still do my co-washes and since I have relocated to NYC I will be visiting my dominicans! However, since it is summer time and no one wants to sit under the dryer in this weather, I been doing my own hair.

I apply some leave in conditioner and braid it at night, I know you might think it is alot of work but it is not. It takes me 10-15 mins and it is worth it!

Here are some recent photos! Enjoy

Tell me all about your progress!



No comments: