Sunday, September 12, 2010

There is no place like home.


It has been a few months since I have updated my blog. There have been some major changes in my life and I would like to share them with you all. First, I moved to Honduras. Yes I did. Although I was only coming to visit, I quickly realized that I truly missed my family. Being around them reminded me of how happy they make and how much they complete my world. After careful consideration I decided to stay. By the grace of God I found 2 jobs which only reassured that I was meant to be here. I will be working for the American Embassy via Education USA teaching GED., SAT and GRE prep. I will also be working for the International Christian Academy as a first grade teacher. Although I didnt go to school for teaching, I have to say this is a very rewarding job. I absolutely love what I do and have grown to care for my students a lot.

Most people do not understand why I have decided to teach, when I have two bachelors in International Studies and Public Policy, well the answer is simple, because I can. If you know me, you understand. I love to try new things and explore unfound territories and after looking for a job in America since January 2010 and finding NONE till August, a change was much needed. I am young, and do not have any major attachments to the States, meaning husband and kids, so this came at the perfect time.

Next, while I was depressed due to unemployment, here I am being blessed with numerous job offers. The lack of competition and my well rounded education/experience really has helped me in the job market. However, it still boils down to who you know, and luckily for me, I am well connected. Trying to make the next move onto bigger and better things. I Have relocated to Tegucigalpa (the capital) so if you come to Honduras, be sure to hit me up.

Besides all the reasons listed above, I dont mind changing the cold winters for sunny days at the beach; living at home with mom for my own apartment, and the genetically engineered food for fresh non processed goods. People have been asking me if I am coming back or when I am coming to visit? To answer your question, Yes I will be moving back, when only God knows. I am not sure when I am coming to visit yet, but I will let those who need to know, when I am in town.

I hold the last 12years in America very close to my heart and have been missing my loved ones and friends that live there, but I look forward to you all visiting me. I put my destiny in God's hands and he put me here, only he knows what's next, me? I am just riding the wave.

Making the decision to start a new life, can be very scary, however I could not be happier. America can be a very stressful place, at least for me it was. Now, I am more calmed and stress free. Maybe is because I am around my family, or because I finally have a job, or maybe is the sunny days I get to enjoy every day, who knows but I am happy. After all, there is no place like home.

Love Always,
Nory

2 comments:

Jonelle Redhead said...

Congrats on what God has put before you, you deserve it :-)!

Ms.DulceDeLeche said...

Thank you kindly dear!