Friday, November 26, 2010

Hair Update!


When I started this blog almost a year and half ago I was going through a transitional period with my hair moving from permed tonatural! I have some progress I would like to share with youall to inspire you to take care of your hair! I started out my Hair Growth Challenge in June 2009. The main purpose of the challenge was to successfully grow my hair back healthy and strong. The summer of 2009 I focused on treating it and establishing my brand of products. When I got back to school in the fall I began weaving it. As a college student I didn't have the time to go to the salon and/or the patience to do it myself. Weaves provided an easy solution to this problem and really helped its growth.

In June 2010 I celebrated my First Year of Freedom. I was very pleased with the progress. In one year I was able to get my length back, as well as volume, health and lots of body. I have to say that it has been a bit challenging because, it does take a lot of work. I usually have to take twice as long to do my hair, and I have to constantly find new things to do with it. I have learned so much from it and am very happy I decided to take this step. Sometimes, I get frustrated when I try something and I end up looking crazy, it is indeed a learning experience. I have learned what works and what I should stay away from. Luckily for me, I am not alone in this natural hair journey and there is a lot of help available to lead me in the right direction.

Since I moved to Honduras, I have tried braiding and weaving. Not only do I lack the time to do my hair, but it is also hard to maintain it in this weather. I go running at-least three times a week and by the time I am done working out, I need to do it all over again. However, I have taken some time to simply enjoy my hair. Sometimes I do not want to go through the 3 hours of getting it done, but I do it because the end result is rewarding.

Here are some pictures of my baby, it is looking so good! I am definitely proud and happy! I encourage you all to take care of your hair and if you have any tips please post them! I would love to know how you take care of your natural hair and what are some of the issues you come across.



Love always!
Ms. Dulce de Leche