Tuesday, October 1, 2013

This part of my life is called..."I am in a long distance relationship".

This part of my life is called...

"I am in a long distance relationship".

Being in a Long distance relationship....might be one of the most complex pieces of my life. I am still wondering how I ended up in this place, where technology has become my best ally in maintaining my relationship. One minute we were friends, the next we were friends in different countries, and without realizing it we became lovers living in different states. 

Interestingly enough my long distance relationship has done a couple of wonderful things for me. First it has made more patient. It's hard to be restless when I know I have to wait to see my king. Secondly it has pushed me to learn to enjoy "me time". I miss my babes and I am constantly looking forward to spending my free time with my him. However, given the importance of having a balanced life, I have learned to just chill. Is ok to miss the king, but the queen must take time to enjoy her family, friends and herself! Next is my favorite, traveling!! The most awesome part of being in a long distance relationship is meeting my lover in a different part of the country, and even the world (why not) every chance I  get. This new venture has taken me to different parts of my beloved Honduras, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Aruba, in the USA to Las Vegas, New Orleans, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Flint, Atlanta, DC and Harrisburg just to name a few; all in the last year and half.

There is something refreshing about knowing that each trip brings a new adventure! And although sometimes (well alot of times) I wished my king was a short cab ride away, I am slowly learning to adapt and learn to play with the hand we've been dealt.

I always welcome your thoughts! Tell me what are your views on long distance relationships, and how are you taming the beast! In the mean time enjoy  some of my favorite flicks from my most recent travels!

Besos de Ms. Dulce de Leche 

Welcome to Aruba!! 







    
  

No comments: