Sunday, November 10, 2013

Homemade Almond Milk Recipe

Good Morning iAmHealthyFit Family! 

I am currently doing a 10 Day Detox inspired by @KoyaWeb, all I am focusing on eating fruits and vegetables only. Since the detox I just can't seem to get tired of almond milk! So I decided to make my own at home!! Here is the recipe! 


Ingredients

  • 1 Cups of Raw Almonds
  • 1 piece of sheer fabric 
  • Water 
  • Blender 
Preparation

  1. Soak your almonds in a container with water (the water should cover all your almonds) for 24 - 48 hours. 
  2. Rinse your almonds with fresh water and place them in the blender. 
  3. Add 4 cups of water per 1 cup of almonds (for example I used 2 cups of almonds so I added 8 cups of water). 
  4. Blend your almonds and your water for about 2 minutes. 
  5. Place your sheer fabric on top of a container to collect the pulp. Make sure you squeeze the fabric to make sure you get all the milk. 
  6. Place your almond milk in a container and Enjoy!  
Note: I did not use a sweetener for my milk. However you can add a sweetener and or vanilla extract for flavoring. I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know how you like it! 

No comments: